MEDICAL MALPRACTICE ATTORNEY - Washington
At Maxwell Graham, our injury and medical malpractice attorneys are passionate about advocating for our clients for the best possible outcome.
As a leading law firm, we work on a wide range of cases that fall under the umbrella of medical malpractice. We take the time to listen to you, and we tap into our decades of legal experience and extensive knowledge of the law to fight for your rights.
What is medical malpractice?
Medical malpractice cases involve negligence by healthcare professionals. There are numerous ways that medical negligence can occur. A healthcare provider is required to administer health care that is within the accepted standard of care. If a health care practitioner falls below the standard of care, either by an act or omission, it is considered negligence or medical malpractice.
Medical negligence or malpractice lawsuits cover a wide range of scenarios. Examples of medical negligence injuries and claims include:
- Birth injuries, such as cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy, hypoxic-Ischemic encephalopathy, and other conditions that may result from medical mistakes during prenatal care, labor, delivery, or postnatal care
- Infections contracted during hospitalizations or injections
- Diagnostic malpractice, including missed diagnoses and failure to diagnose
- Surgical errors, including wrong-side surgeries, foreign objects left in the body, injuries to internal organs, and other poor outcomes of surgery that should have been prevented
- Emergency room errors, including medication errors and failure to diagnose dangerous conditions promptly
- Post-surgical errors, including failing to diagnose a dangerous complication
Our medical malpractice lawyers are committed to representing patients to reach fair and just agreements in cases of malpractice.
What Should I Do After an Injury?
If you have been injured, tend to your injury in a timely manner by visiting your family doctor, urgent care, or the ER.
If you believe your injury resulted from medical negligence, reach out to our medical malpractice attorneys. At our client-focused law firm, you matter. We will carefully listen to your grievance and take the next steps with you.
Injuries resulting from malpractice may include:
- Health harm due to medication errors
- Trauma from anesthesia mistakes
- Debilitation from wrong-site surgery
- Illness from a delayed diagnosis
Always get the health treatment you need first before reaching out to attorneys or insurance adjusters.
Is it Too Late? What is the Statute of Limitations?
Too many patients mistakenly believe that, if they don’t seek legal counsel right away, it’s too late to take action. Often, this is not the case.
With malpractice lawsuits, the statute of limitations varies from state to state. Here in the greater Seattle area, the statute of limitations is three years after medical treatment resulted in injury or impairment.
Why You Need a Medical Malpractice Lawyer
When medical negligence happens, you experience a breach of trust with your healthcare provider. A patient who has been harmed by a medical professional, whether intentionally or unintentionally, may feel vulnerable walking into any clinic afterward.
The benefits of working with an experienced medical malpractice attorney include:
- Having a knowledgeable advocate on your side
- Knowing your rights
- Communicating with insurance companies or other parties on your behalf
- A smoother claims process
- The likelihood of a better outcome for you
Our medical malpractice lawyers strive for a settlement that each client deserves.
What You Need to Show to Win a Medical Malpractice Case
It’s not uncommon for victim-blaming to happen against the patient. Even when a doctor, nurse, or medical technician is at fault, they may try to claim that the prescribed treatment was appropriate, but the patient failed to follow it correctly.
That’s why it’s important to work with medical malpractice lawyers who will represent you assertively and speak up for your rights.
Winning a medical malpractice case requires proving that the treatment you received was substandard. To prove this, you’ll need to work with a law firm that has a strong track record of winning malpractice cases.
Our Medical Malpractice Lawyers
At Maxwell Graham, our medical malpractice attorneys work tirelessly to reach settlements with payouts that are fair to our clients. We offer legal advocacy and support so that people who have been harmed by medical negligence can receive proper compensation for what they’ve had to go through.
We’re here to help right the wrongs that have been done to you by members of the healthcare field. We’ll navigate this complex legal process with you, so you don’t have to do it alone.=
What to Expect When You Hire Us
When you choose to work with us, you can expect clear communication and a compassionate team approach to your case. Our process involves:
- An initial consultation and case evaluation
- Legal representation in any insurance claim negotiations
- Help with gathering and analyzing evidence
- Representation in settlement negotiations or court proceedings
Work with medical malpractice lawyers who offer top-quality legal services. Reach out to us today.